This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are used for visitor analysis, others are essential to making our site function properly and improve the user experience. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Click Accept to consent and dismiss this message or Deny to leave this website. Read our Privacy Statement for more.
What's New: Advocacy

Trump Administration Releases Infrastructure Plan and FY 2019 Budget Request

Tuesday, February 13, 2018  
Trump Administration Releases Infrastructure Plan and FY 2019 Budget Request 

The White House released the Trump Administration’s infrastructure plan that is aimed stimulating $1.5 trillion in new investment over the next ten years based on the federal government’s contribution of $200 billion in federal funding. In some respects the plan is similar to the six-page document that previously was leaked, but the new 55-page plan provides more details. We expect legislation will be introduced in Congress in the near future.

The federal government’s $200 billion in funding will be allocated among five existing federal programs as follows:

  • $100 billion to create an Incentives Program under which federal grants would be given to infrastructure projects funded by new sources of long-term, nonfederal revenue generated by the state and local governments and from the private sector.
  • $20 billion for a Transformative Projects Program for “bold and innovative projects that have the potential to dramatically improve America’s infrastructure.”
  • $20 billion to expand infrastructure financing programs, with $14 billion going to expanding existing loan and credit programs: Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA), Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (WIFIA), Railroad Rehabilitation and Improvement Financing (RRIF), and rural utility lending, and $6 billion going to Private Activity Bonds (PABs).
  • $10 billion will go to a new federal Capital Revolving Fund to address the leasing of federal real property, which would be more cost-effective to purchase.
  • $50 billion to a new Rural Infrastructure Program from which 80% of the funds will be given state governors to distribute. The remaining 20% of the funds will be distributed through rural performance grants.

Members should visit Government Relations / General Info (Members) for more information.

1140 19th Street, NW, Suite 500 • Washington, DC 20036-6617
Phone: 202-463-0600 • Fax: 202-463-0606